[THIN] Re: Risks involved enabling client mapping

  • From: Carl Stalhood <cstalhood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 09:31:24 -0500

I think the default configuration is to prevent execution of any application
that resides on the client drive. The file (.exe, .bat, .cmd) would have to
be copied to a network drive first and then executed. Once it's on the
network drive, your AV will catch anything malicious.

If security is a primary concern, you could implement an Access Gateway and
configure SmartAccess. For those client machines that comply with your
security standards (pass the endpoint scan), leave client drives enabled. If
the client fails the security scan, disable client drives. This is done
using Citrix Policies and Access Gateway filters.