[THIN] Restricting Logon Access based on User Accounts

  • From: "Dean Theophilou" <dino7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 20:42:20 -0800

Hello:

            I was wondering how I can restrict logon access based on the
user?s account.  I have a single server domain set up as a Terminal Server
and each user has two accounts: one for normal logons and one for TS logons.
What I want is for users to log on to their local machines with their normal
account, and then, when needed, log on to the TS through the Client
Connection Manager with their TS accounts.  In other words, I want to
prohibit users from logging on to their local machines with their TS
accounts.

            I?ve been reading about the Loopback Processing policy, but that
seems to work only for machine-specific situations, rather than
user-specific.  I would greatly appreciate any advice on how to proceed.
Thank you.

Dean Theophilou

you may not use, copy, or disclose to anyone the message or any information
contained in the message.  If you have received the message in error, please
advise the sender by e-mail reply to dino7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, and then delete
the message.

This weeks Sponsor NetX Inc Thin Client
NetX Develops XP and NT Embedded