[THIN] Re: Resource Hacker

INUSE uses an API file which essentially does a delay
copy - ie. the file copy is complete at the next
system reboot before the file get's loaded.
Unfortunately it's not that straight forward because
WFP (Windows File Protection) get's in the way !

Essentially WFP is replacing it with the original.
WFP is a security feature of W2K - it's fantasic and
it's a pain all at the same time.  Pre SP2 there was a
way to turn it off completely with a reg hack, that's
now been removed by MS - so go to the following URL
(may wrap)

http://www.ntbugtraq.com/default.asp?pid=36&sid=1&A2=ind0006&L=NTBUGTRAQ&P=R6019

This URL is the original posting on BugTraq, however,
there is an update to this following the fix applied
in SP2.  So if you're looking at post SP2 and you
should be :-) go to (again URL may wrap)

http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/790

for a how to disable WFP on SP2 and above machines.

Hope this helps !  Once you've disabled WFP you can
then use the INUSE proggy to replace the file :-)

Mark

 --- Fred Pabia <FPabia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote: > Thanks everyone for your help. I copied
browselc to

http://uk.my.yahoo.com