[THIN] Rendering of graphics elements from Terminal Server

  • From: "Kalle" <kalle@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:53:58 +0100

Hi!

How are graphics elements rendered on the TS client?

The question came up from one of our clients and I realized that I dont
really know exactly how the graphics elements are sent from server to
client.

I found some information on microsoft.com saying that elements are "encoded
as pattern blts and cached glyphs".
Does that mean that the server sends commands to draw a textbox here,
listbox there.. etc? Or is the data from the server simpler that it only
tells the clients to draw lines and bitmaps?

Thanks!

/Kalle
SBC SITES ONLY GOOGLE SEARCH: http://www.F1U.com