[THIN] Re: Redirection

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:45:10 -0500

OK, then my environment is different.

When I turned on Folder Redirection, and the user's Destination "My
Documents" folder existed already, I got the following events logged in
the application log of the server they were logging into:
(username and servername changed to protect the innocent...)
<-------------Snip------------>
Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   Folder Redirection
Event Category: None
Event ID:       101
Date:           3/3/2005
Time:           8:35:11 AM
User:           DCCI\*****
Computer:       TERMINAL01
Failed to perform redirection of folder My Documents. The new
directories for the redirected folder could not be created. The folder
is configured to be redirected to \\FileServer\Personal\%USERNAME%, the
final expanded path was \\FileServer\Personal\*****. The following error
occurred:
This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object.

And upon using SubInACL to reset the ownership for this users folder,
the My Documents was redirected properly.

Your Mileage May Vary, but that's what happened to me... So there must
be SOME requirement for the user to be the owner of their own My
Documents folder...

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.