[THIN] Re: Redirected user folders

  • From: "Berny Stapleton" <berny.stapleton@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 15:05:02 -0000

Umm, I can't find a thing on the 'net about this.

I have been hunting around, but maybe you can shed some light on it...

I thought it was terminal server compatability, as previously I have had
issues over slow links regarding access to win.ini and system.ini
references in user's profile paths. These references when looking in
filemon were referring to %systemroot%\win.ini etc then referring to
%homedrive%\windows\win.ini

In my instance, I am seeing references to %systemroot%\favorites and
then got a reference to %systemroot%\windows\favorites. My only problem
is I can't find a reference to terminal server compatability for this
folder.

I would have thought that favorites would have been part of the user
profile, so it should have been looking in %USERPROFILE%\favorites but
it's not looking there at all, there has to be something redirecting it
to %HOMEDRIVE%. I just can't see what it is... There is nothing in the
registry for User Shell Folders that would indicate to me what it would
be.

Can anyone tell me why it might be looking there? As stated in the
previous email, I don't have a GPO in place at the moment. Or login
script is 8 lines mapping drives and that's it.

Berny

  _____