[THIN] Recover Data Store

  • From: "Murray, Paul" <paul.murray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'THIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <THIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 18:20:55 +1000

We have a Windows 2000, Citrix XPe environment with 2 x servers in the farm
and we are using the local Access database as the data store. We have a
problem where the Data Store server has crashed and we cannot recover.
However we do have a backup of the *.mdb file. Unfortunately the server
crashed over 48 hours ago so we can't access the CMC as Citrix licensing
fails after 48 hours. Is there a way to promote the 2nd server to be the
Data Store without licensing or the CMC running? If we achieve this we can
get the users up and running while we rebuild the crashed server.

Regards,
Paul Murray