[THIN] Re: Receiver 4.2.1

  • From: "Webster" <webster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 13:23:48 -0600

I thought that was one of the features of Receiver 4.2.1 – support for AG5?

Yep:

What's New in Version 4.2.1

• iOS 4.2 Support
• On Screen trackpad
• Simplified gestures
• 2.5x faster session performance
• Self-service enterprise apps
• Web Interface support
• Access Gateway 5 support
• Third-party authentication support
• Enhanced video out display
• Bluetooth keyboard support
• International keyboard support

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/citrix-receiver-for-ipad/id363501921?mt=8#

Webster

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Jason Benway
Subject: [THIN] Re: Receiver 4.2.1

After a little more digging, it looks like I downloaded V5 to run on our ESX
farm. It looks like V5 doesn’t support the Iphone/Ipad’s yet.

But I should still be able to get it setup to ICA proxy to the Web Interface.
The VPX configuration interface is crazy.

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Webster

I will be adding a chapter in the 2nd edition of my book for moving from CSG to
the free AG VPX (with all its limitations).  But that will be at least 2 weeks
from now before I can get to it due to work schedule and holidays.  I thought
Citrix had something up that showed how to configure the VPX as a replacement
to the CSG?

Webster

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Jason Benway

Since this has been an ongoing discussion. I’ve used CSG in the past but now I
want to setup the VPX so I can test the Ipad’s and Iphone with xenapp from
outside. The VPX is a lot more complicated than CSG, does anyone have a good
how to for just setting the VPX as a ICA proxy (the free stuff)