[THIN] Re: Receiver 4.2.1

  • From: Michael Pardee <pardeemp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 11:30:36 -0500

Ok, you are officially my favorite person of the day.  That just
worked for me as well. This is basically how I hoped the original iPad
app would work but we had to go though all the receiver pieces. This
is much different. Maybe we actually don't care about configuring the
receiver client at all anymore. Thanks for this help.

On Dec 17, 2010, at 11:09 AM, Jan <tinybeetle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I just installed the Citrix Receiver 4.2.1 on an iPad that used to have the
> 1.1 receiver.
>
> The first thing I found was that now I cannot get to my web interface page
> via Safari, it goes into a terminal loop during the client detection stage.
>
> Then I found that the preconfigured URL for setting up the PN Agent URL, and
> Domain name no longer works. (This is a URL generated by an online Citrix
> utility. It is used for either publishing the URL via web, or sending via
> email so that a client doesn't have to type in those pieces of info.) You tap
> on it and nothing happens.
>
> Once in the Receiver I found that there is no way to log off and switch
> users. You can apparently add another profile, but any apps that I've placed
> on the desktop are visible to the next user to set up a profile in the
> Receiver. I suppose if I logged off they might disappear, but again I found
> no way to log off the PN interface which shows the apps.
>
> I was able to log on via the web interface via Safari by bypassing client
> detection. My apps showed, tapping on one brought up a dialog asking if I
> wanted to open the ica file using Citrix. Once I tapped Citrix, the receiver
> took over and launched the app.
>
> Bottom line is that this version of the Receiver is not an upgrade, it is a
> MAJOR change from all previously documented behavior of the Receiver.
>
> Jan
Follow ThinList on Twitter
http://twitter.com/thinlist