[THIN] Re: Reboot scripts

  • From: Michael Earley <Michael.Earley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 05:02:52 +1000

Ah, but there's a gotcha - if an administrator session is active, it doesn't
reboot the server and leaves it in a incommunicative state.  Here is my
script to avoid that (credit to Rick Mack for getting me started in the
right direction):

:ts1_reboot
set checkadmin=1
for /f "tokens=1" %%i in ('"quser /server:iceberg-ts1 | find /i
"administrator""') DO set checkadmin=%%i

        if %checkadmin% == administrator goto Else
          tsshutdn /server:iceberg-ts1 /reboot
          goto ts3_reboot
        :Else
          net send mear "administrator logged into TS1.  Reboot failed."
          goto ts3_reboot

:ts3_reboot

ad infinitum

Cheers,