[THIN] Re: Radia on Citrix

  • From: "Andrew Wood" <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 16:39:08 +0100

yay :(

Thanks for your thoughts

  _____

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jim Kerr
Sent: 21 June 2006 15:26
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Radia on Citrix

I'll have to agree with you Jennifer.

----- Original Message -----

From: J. Henske <mailto:jen.work@xxxxxxxxx>
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 9:45 AM

Hahaha, you must be joking?   Sorry, I couldn't help myself, a little part
of hell just flashed before my eyes.

I used to work at a financial establishment that brought in radia to replace
a damn good SMS implementation.  It was a nightmare, but mostly because we
were using radia to do something it wasn't designed for.  Radia works by
updating registry bits with two different updates.  A machine update and a
generic user update that updates the default user bits, usually run by an
admin.

On the citrix servers, we were using it to update EVERY USER that logged on
with user specific information.  We got it to work, but log in times were
pretty long.

I guess it is really like any other product.  It takes time to learn and
time to develop the process to implement it correctly.  Good planning and a
lot of time in the lab should get you a good implementation.

Jennifer Henske
Mercy Health System

On 6/21/06, Andrew Wood <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Anyone running Radia in a Citrix environment?

tia

Andrew Wood
Sunderland
United Kingdom