[THIN] Re: Radia on Citrix

I'll have to agree with you Jennifer.

----- Original Message -----
  From: J. Henske
  To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 9:45 AM
  Subject: [THIN] Re: Radia on Citrix

  Hahaha, you must be joking?   Sorry, I couldn't help myself, a little part of
hell just flashed before my eyes.

  I used to work at a financial establishment that brought in radia to replace
a damn good SMS implementation.  It was a nightmare, but mostly because we were
using radia to do something it wasn't designed for.  Radia works by updating
registry bits with two different updates.  A machine update and a generic user
update that updates the default user bits, usually run by an admin.

  On the citrix servers, we were using it to update EVERY USER that logged on
with user specific information.  We got it to work, but log in times were
pretty long.

  I guess it is really like any other product.  It takes time to learn and time
to develop the process to implement it correctly.  Good planning and a lot of
time in the lab should get you a good implementation.

  Jennifer Henske
  Mercy Health System

  On 6/21/06, Andrew Wood <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Hi,

    Anyone running Radia in a Citrix environment?

    tia

    Andrew Wood
    Sunderland
    United Kingdom