[THIN] Re: RDP faster than ICA

  • From: Adam_Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 08:57:32 -0700

Nomally, I would agree with you.  However, with one NIC showing comparable
performance, and the other showing differences...To me, this shows that
something is amiss.   ICA does not do that much more to account for a 20
second difference in login times. Especially on a 100mb LAN.  I think
something is worng with my setup somewhere, not that ICA is a worse
performer.
adam

                    Joe Shonk

                    <JShonk@gtcsyst       To:     "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'"
<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    ems.com>              cc:

                    Sent by:              Subject:     [THIN] Re: RDP faster
than ICA
                    thin-bounce@fre

                    elists.org

                    08/13/2002

                    08:45 AM

                    Please respond

                    to thin

It's comparing Apples to Oranges.. Keep in mind that ICA maps more VC than
RDP by default...  (Drives, COM ports, etc)... So yes, ICA is going to be a
little slower logging on.

ICA is also dynamic...  It will constantly monitor the amount of bandwidth
it has available and adjust accordingly.  Simply test one user logining in
isn't going to be a good indicator as to which protocol is faster.  Try
seeing how many users you could comfortably fit on a small WAN link.

Joe