From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Greg Reese
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 10:16 AM
To: Thin
Subject: [THIN] Quick Question on Streaming

ni the middle of a new farm build and I am looking into some streaming
with PS 4.5. I have heard conflicting things on this so I hope some of
you who have had your hands on this can share your thoughts.

If I stream Outlook, what happens when someone tries to open an
attachment like a PDF?  If the reader installed locally (not streamed)
does it use that copy and open the PDF or does the acrobat reader need
to be part of the streamed app as well?

What about a hyperlink?  does iexplore have to be part of the streamed
app package or is it smart enought to know explorer is installed
elsewhere and can use it?

I am building some vm's to test all of this, i am just curious what soem
of you who have been down this road have seen.

Thanks!

Greg

This e-mail message and any attached files are confidential and are intended
solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, any review, use, or distribution of this e-mail message and any
attached files is strictly prohibited. This communication may contain material
protected by Federal privacy regulations, attorney-client work product, or
other privileges. If you have received this confidential communication in
error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail message and
permanently delete the original message.  To reply to our email administrator
directly, send an email to:  postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .  If this e-mail
message concerns a contract matter, be advised that no employee or agent is
authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of Orlando Regional
Healthcare by e-mail without express written confirmation by an officer of the
corporation. Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of Orlando Regional
Healthcare.