From: Foote, Eric [mailto:EFoote@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, 30 September 2003 9:33 PM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Question on Large Farm

Hello,
We have a MetaFrameXP farm of about 65 production servers supporting about
1800 users.  We have a problem when we reboot the servers (for maint or
after an unexpected reboot) as the server comes up it gets pounded with
logons and just grinds to a halt until its load comes up to par with the
other servers.  The process takes about 30 minutes to stabilize and causes
our user base to become extremely frustrated as the people who are lucky
enough to hit that box experience extremely long logon times and very poor
performance.  This is a 24x7 shop - so we do have the luxury of waiting
until the use load is low.

Any ideas on how to throttle the load balancing in this type environment?

Eric
This Week's Sponsor - Emergent Online
Essential Thin Client Utilities.
Meet Jim Kenzig of thethin.net at the Emergent Online
Booth #24 at Citrix iForum on October 13th. http://www.go-eol.com
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be subject
to legal professional privilege.  It is intended solely for the addressee.
If you receive this e-mail by mistake please promptly inform us by reply
e-mail and then delete the e-mail and destroy any printed copy.  You must
not disclose  or use in any way the information in the e-mail. There is no
warranty that this email or any attachment or message is error or virus free.
It may be a private
communication, and if so, does not represent the views of Volante group Limited.

This message has been checked by SurfControl