From: George Wasgatt <gwasgatt@xxxxxxxxx>
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 12:11:11 PM
Subject: [THIN] Re: Published applications in a mixed OS environment

I see where I was going wrong, I thought that the programfiles environment
variable would tell me which architecture I was running on – not so. There are
two programfiles environment variables for X-64 and one for X-32.  So I can’t
use that approach.

The processor architecture test should work, if I can get the syntax correct.
Here’s the slightly modified batch file:

@echo on
IF /I “%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%”==”AMD64” (
“%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE”
) ELSE (
“%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE”
)
Exit /B 0

I get back:

\Microsoft was unexpected at this time.

I tried a different approach, testing for the existence of the x86 file:

@echo on
IF EXIST "programfiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE" (
“%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE”
) ELSE (
“%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE”
)
Exit /B 0

And I get the same response: \Microsoft was unexpected at this time.
.