[THIN] Re: Published applications in a mixed OS environment

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:44:44 -0600

Ah, one of the many joys of 64-bit.

PS: they play the same trick(s) with the registry. There is a 32-bit
registry and a 64-bit registry (or perhaps just multiple hives like HKLM
and HKLM-x86). Fun fun.

I agree with jeremy ... have the published app run a wrapper script that
makes an intelligent choice about where the app binaries are located. I
have played similar tricks for other reasons and it's been a good idea.