[THIN] Re: Published Content

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 14:21:47 -0700

Or better yet, publish DocFinder.  It's part of XenApp.

Joe

From: Greg Reese gareese@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 14:43:01 -0600
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

what type of document?  you could always publish Word or Excel and pass it
the document path as part of the setup to auto open the doc.  make your
published app something like "C:\Program Files\MSOffice\Winword.exe"
"\\path\file.doc"

Then make that document a document of links to the other documents, make it
read only.  Assign someone to maintain it.

A nice sharepoint site might be an easier way to get there.

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 2:31 PM, msemon@xxxxxxx <msemon@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a dilemma. I am trying to deliever some published contect to some
> end users. Works fine internally but externally does not work. This of
> course is probably because the published content (folders) are UNC paths.
> Trying to find a way without publishing docs individually or having to
> construct a website. Wish this site had a CAG. We don't want to have to
> give them VPN access if possible.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

> //www.freelists.org/list/thin
> Follow ThinList on Twitter
> http://twitter.com/thinlist
> Thin List discussion is now available in blog format at:
> http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com <http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com/>
> Thinlist MOBILE Feed
> http://thinlist.net/mobile

Follow ThinList on Twitter