[THIN] Re: Publish "My Documents"

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 15:23:40 -0600

Then don't publish it with the root switch. Just publish this:
C:\Pub-Network\pexplorer.exe

That will let them see all the drives (BUT the drives that are hidden.)
Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect
=20
RapidApp
Office 312.372.7188
Mobile 312.961.2380
email roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx
=20

Guzzo[mailto:marguz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[3[8]]] Sent: Monday, December 30, 2002
11:49 AM To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[4[9]] Subject: [THIN] Re: Publish "My
Documents" =3D3D20 Thanks, I found it and it does work :-) Another
question:
Isthere a way to make the mapped drives show up in the published
explorer.exe? Ron Oglesby wrote: There is a way to publish explorer .exe
(which you will need to do for=3D3D this) and if you have used a GPO to
redirect the client MY Docs folder to say H:\My[1[5[10]]]Docs or just H:
you
can use a root switch on explorer (or the renamedexplorer.exe to go
right to
that directory. Mine for my guys is a simple "D:\Program
Files\pexplorer.exe"[11][6][2] You have to copy and rename =3D3D the
explorer.exe check of the Citrix KB. There is an article on it. Ron =
=3D3D
Oglesby Senior Technical Architect =3D3D3D20 RapidApp Office =
312.372.7188
Mobile 312.961.2380 email roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx[3[7[12]]] =3D3D3D20
-----Original =3D3D Message----- From: Mark Guzzo
[mailto:marguz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[4[8[13]]]]=3D3D3D20 Sent: Monday, =3D3D
December
30,2002 11:00 AM To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[5[9[14]]] Subject: [THIN]
Publish
"MyDocuments" Happy NewYear! I would like to know how would I(if
possible)
publish the "My=3D3D3D20 Documents" folder and/or any =3D network share
drive? I
=3D3D would like to do=3D3D3D20 this for people that do not =3D get the
published
desktop. I =3D3D found out (from this list) how to publish the =
printersand
would like to do something=3D3D3D20 for the network drive shares. TIA.
--=3D3D3D20 Mark Guzzo =3D3D Sair LCA, LCP Citrix Administrator "Don't =
=3D
Fear
ThePenguin." ***********************************************=3D3D3D20 =
This
Weeks Sponsor: 99point9.com The 99Point9.com Online Tech =
Support=3D3D3D20
=3D
Helpdesk is the one-stopsolution for all=3D3D3D20 your server-based
computing
needs.=3D3D3D20 http://www.99point9.com[6[10[15]]] =3D3D
usethe
belowlink. http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm[7[11[16]]]
=3D3D
link.http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm[9[13[18]]]=3D3D20 -- Mark Guzzo
Sair
LCA, =3D LCP Citrix Administrator "Don't Fear The =3D3D Penguin."=3D3D20 =
---
Links
--- 1 H:\My[14[19]] 2 D:\ProgramFiles\pexplorer.exe[15[20]] 3
mailto:roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx[16[21]] 4
mailto:marguz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[17[22]] 5
mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[18[23]] 6 http://www.99point9.com[19[24]] 7
http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm[20[25]] 8
http://www.99point9.com[21[26]]
9http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm[22[27]]
below
link.http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm[24[29]]
link.
http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm[26[31]]=3D20 -- Mark Guzzo Sair LCA, =
LCP
Citrix Administrator "Don't Fear The Penguin."=3D20 --- Links --- 1
C:\Pub-Network\pexplorer.exe[32] 2 H:\[33] 3
mailto:marguz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[34]
4 mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[35] 5 H:\My[1[36] 6
D:\ProgramFiles\pexplorer.exe[37]7 mailto:roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx[3[38] 8
mailto:marguz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[4[39] 9 mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[5[40] 10
http://www.99point9.com[6[41] 11 http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm[7[42]
12
http://www.99point9.com[8[43] 13 http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm[9[44]
14
H:\My[45] 15 D:\ProgramFiles\pexplorer.exe[46] 16
mailto:roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx[47] 17 mailto:marguz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[48] 18
mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[49] 19 http://www.99point9.com[50] 20
http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm[51] 21 http://www.99point9.com[52] 22
http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm[53] 23 http://www.99point9.com[54] 24
http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm[55] 25 http://www.99point9.com[56] 26
http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm[57]
mode
usethe below link. http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm[59]
link.
http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm[61]=20
-- Mark Guzzo Sair LCA, LCP Citrix Administrator "Don't Fear The
Penguin."=20

--- Links ---
   1 C:%5CPub-Network%5Cpexplorer.exe%5B1
   2 H:%5C%5B2