[THIN] Re: Publish "My Documents"

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 14:08:26 -0600

You cant hide ALLL drives. Just hide the ones you want (like C: and D:
etc) then give them explorer via a published app and they can see the
other drives you mapped.

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect
=20
RapidApp
Office 312.372.7188
Mobile 312.961.2380
email roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx
=20

Guzzo[mailto:marguz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[3]] Sent: Monday, December 30, 2002
11:49
AM To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[4] Subject: [THIN] Re: Publish "My Documents"
=3D20
Thanks, I found it and it does work :-) Another question: Is there a way
make the mapped drives show up in the published explorer.exe? Ron
Oglesby
wrote: There is a way to publish explorer .exe (which you will need to
do
for=3D this) and if you have used a GPO to redirect the client MY Docs
folder
to say H:\My[1[5]]Docs or just H: you can use a root switch on explorer
(or
the renamedexplorer.exe to go right to that directory. Mine for my guys
is a
simple "D:\Program Files\pexplorer.exe"[6][2] You have to copy and
rename =3D
the explorer.exe check of the Citrix KB. There is an article on it. Ron
=3D
Oglesby Senior Technical Architect =3D3D20 RapidApp Office 312.372.7188
Mobile
312.961.2380 email roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx[3[7]] =3D3D20 -----Original =3D
Message----- From: Mark Guzzo [mailto:marguz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[4[8]]]=3D3D20
Sent:
Monday, =3D December 30, 2002 11:00 AM To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[5[9]]
Subject:
[THIN] Publish "My Documents" Happy NewYear! I would like to know how
would
I(if possible) publish the "My=3D3D20 Documents" folder and/or any =
network
share drive? I =3D would like to do=3D3D20 this for people that do not =
get
the
published desktop. I =3D found out (from this list) how to publish the
printersand would like to do something=3D3D20 for the network drive
shares.
TIA. --=3D3D20 Mark Guzzo =3D Sair LCA, LCP Citrix Administrator "Don't =
Fear
The
Penguin." ***********************************************=3D3D20 This
Weeks
Sponsor: 99point9.com The 99Point9.com Online Tech Support=3D3D20 =
Helpdesk
is
the one-stopsolution for all=3D3D20 your server-based computing
needs.=3D3D20
http://www.99point9.com[6[10]] =3D
below
link. http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm[7[11]]
link.
http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm[9[13]]=3D20 -- Mark Guzzo Sair LCA, =
LCP
Citrix Administrator "Don't Fear The =3D Penguin."=3D20 --- Links --- 1
H:\My[14]
2 D:\ProgramFiles\pexplorer.exe[15] 3 mailto:roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx[16] 4
mailto:marguz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[17] 5 mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[18] 6
http://www.99point9.com[19] 7 http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm[20] 8
http://www.99point9.com[21] 9 http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm[22]
mode
usethe below link. http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm[24]
link.
http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm[26]=20
-- Mark Guzzo Sair LCA, LCP Citrix Administrator "Don't Fear The
Penguin."=20

--- Links ---
   1 C:\Pub-Network\pexplorer.exe
   2 H:\