[THIN] Re: Publish App. question

  • From: "John Price" <JPrice@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:24:45 -0500

Content redirection works with the file extentions. If you are in a
published version of Outlook, you can set content redirection from
Server to Client and define .doc to open the client local version of
Word. It should work just fine.

John

>>> MineroHB@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 02/20/03 02:11PM >>>

From the XP Admin documentation, I found the following
Redirecting Content from Server to Client
When you enable Content Redirection from server to client, embedded
URLs are
intercepted on the MetaFrame server and sent to the ICA Client using
the ICA
Control virtual channel. The user's locally installed browser is used
play the
URL. Users cannot disable this feature.
For example, users may frequently access Web and multimedia URLs they
encounter when running an email program published on a MetaFrame
server. If
you
do not enable Content Redirection from server to client, users open
these
URLs
with Web browsers or multimedia players present on MetaFrame servers.
To free servers from processing these types of requests, you can
redirect
application
launching for supported URLs from the MetaFrame server to the local
client
device.
The following URL types are opened locally on ICA Win32 and Linux
Clients
when this type of content redirection is enabled:
HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol)
HTTPS (Secure Hypertext Transfer Protocol)
RTSP (Real Player and QuickTime)
RTSPU (Real Player and QuickTime)
PNM (Legacy Real Player)
MMS (Microsoft's Media Format)

I suppose this means that I cannot publish Outlook and expect Word,
PPT,
excel, etc. attachments to open locally.

Somebody, please confirm.