[THIN] Re: Profiles on Citrix

IE 7 is notorious for this slowdown. The fix for the 20 seconds "Applying
Internet Explorer Branding policy" is replacing the IE7 branding dll to a
IE6 version dll.
Replace the  iedkcs32.dll version with the IE6 version.It's not a neat
solution but it should do the trick.

On 5/18/07, Toby <toby.percival@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

45 seconds is a long time. In fact, I have just timed logging in from a
client pc, using a mandatory profile, located on the DC, and it took 57
seconds. I repeated the same test on multiple servers, and the time averaged
59 seconds.

0-7 seconds - applying personal settings, registry settings
8-40 seconds - applying internet explorer branding policy
40-42 - applying personal settings
43 - 59 secs - applying login scripts

System is PS4.5, Windows 2003 Server SP2, with IE7.

I believe IE7 is responsible for slowing the time down by 15 seconds or
more. I will investigate how I can improve the load time of the 'internet
explorer branding policy'.

--
Kind Regards,
Michel Roth