[THIN] Re: Profiles on Citrix

45 seconds is a long time. In fact, I have just timed logging in from a
client pc, using a mandatory profile, located on the DC, and it took 57
seconds. I repeated the same test on multiple servers, and the time averaged
59 seconds.

0-7 seconds - applying personal settings, registry settings
8-40 seconds - applying internet explorer branding policy
40-42 - applying personal settings
43 - 59 secs - applying login scripts

System is PS4.5, Windows 2003 Server SP2, with IE7.

I believe IE7 is responsible for slowing the time down by 15 seconds or
more. I will investigate how I can improve the load time of the 'internet
explorer branding policy'.

On 5/18/07, Angus Macdonald <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 It's hard to say with any certainty. Presumably your mandatory profile is
being dragged from a network location whereas our defaults are stored
locally on each server. Conversely, the flex profile loading takes a finite
amount of time. I wouldn't imagine you'd see a great performance increase
with flex profiles. 45 secs sounds like a lot of time though. Can you guess
how much of that is profile loading and processing? In my (not considerable)
experience, all sorts of things can slow logins.