[THIN] Profiles issues

  • From: Mustafa Ibrahim <mustafa.ibrahim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:58:36 +0100

Hi all,

I have a very piculiar situation which is been really driving up the wall,
and I could really use yr input on this. I am running a couple of NT
Terminal servers with up todate SPs running MF 1.8. These get used by upto
300 users. The clients are WYSE terminals running the ICA client. In
addition, we are running a policy applied to all Citrix users to restrict
usual areas of OS. Profiles are roaming for these Wyse unit users and they
are also Mandatory.

Now there several issues that have come to my attention. (a) when users are
loging in they login fine, except they are prompted for password for some of
the network resources. This is despite the fact the resource is mapped my a
batch file which is applied when they login. The thing is as you all know
you can easily cancel the password prompt and select option not to reconnect
the resource. However despite doing this everysingle time it seems to prompt
the user everytime he/she logs on. Furthermore, I noticed one or two users
are losing their settings for outlook configurations etc. as soon as they
logoff. I have checked the profile files to make sure they are not
mandatory, and they are not. I have literally renamed the ntuser.man to .dat
to no avail. Likewise, I have checked and checked again the policies we have
implimented and the option to discard user settings is not valid it is
greyed out, so it ain't in effect or pllicable....or is it?

Any ideas appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Mustafa