[THIN] Re: Profiles

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 16:52:59 +0100

Well I can only speak authoritatively for the type of profiles I deploy -
and some of it will require conducive applications and expectations, but
other solutions seem a whole lot of work.

For mandatory profiles, the only thing I need to change, are *occasionally*
I may need to add / delete / modify a shortcut.

If adding new applications to a server, there's a possibility that I may
need to recreate a mandatory profile, but I've never needed to, yet.

Otherwise, I use scripting to modify registry parameters (for those that I
need to do outside of, or in a more complex manner than GPOs).

To be honest, I rarely have to do anything with profiles, practically all
the work occurred at setup. I certainly don't have to do anything,
periodically, for maintenance reasons

Neil

This e-mail and its attachments are confidential and are intended for
the above named recipient only. If this has come to you in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your
system. You must take no action based on this, nor must you copy or
disclose it or any part of its contents to any person or organisation.

Statements and opinions contained in this email may not necessarily
represent those of Littlewoods. Please note that email communications
may be monitored.

The registered office of Littlewoods Limited and its  subsidiaries
is 100 Old Hall Street, Liverpool, L70 1AB.
Registered number of Littlewoods Limited is 262152