[THIN] Problem with Office 2000 as a seamless app.

  • From: "Mark Griffiths" <mtgriffiths@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 21:52:50 -0000

Hi all,

I have a problem with my published application that you guys may be able to
help with.

I have a number of W2K/XPe servers in an NT4 domain, servers are DL360 G3's
with 3GB RAM and mirrored disks.
The clients are NT4 or W2K PC's all running the full ICA client V7.0

I publish out in an house developed app based on Excel 2000, Winword 2000
and Powerpoint 2000 in a seamless window. Excel opens a sheet with macros
that processes some data, copies it to Winword then pastes into Powerpoint
for the final presentation. (apparently Powerpoint cannot accept the paste
direct from Excel so has to use Winword as a ataging area.) This process
gets through approx 17 Excel sheets and starts to build the Powerpoint doc
then fails with an Excel message "Not enough memory".
If I publish out a "desktop" and run the spreadsheet macro from there
everything runs great.

With 20 users on the server there is still 2GB of the 3GB RAM available.
Over 2GB of HD space on system drive.
A 4GB pagefile on the D: drive
Even tried re-directing the temp files via a policy from the users profiles
to a temp folder on the D: drive.

Why should it work in a desktop session but not in a seamless window ?

Any suggestions on what to try next ?

rgds
Mark

than buying more servers.