From: Steve Rance [mailto:Steve.Rance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]=20
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 9:43 AM
To: Thin @ Freelists (E-mail)
Subject: [THIN] Problem updating registry when opening Volo View
Express..

(Windows 2000 Server SP2 / Metaframe XP FR2)

When a user runs Volo View Express (2.01 - Build 811) from Citrix the =
=3D
following message flashes on the screen, "Failed to update the system =
=3D
registry.  Please try using REGEDIT" before it is opened.   The message
=3D
doesn't appear (and the problems don't happen) if logged in with =3D
administrator accounts.

If the user attempted to open Volo View Express via an AutoCAD drawing,
=3D VVE opens but the drawing doesn't.  If they then double click on the =
=3D
drawing again (with VVE still open) it then opens.  Also printing =3D
doesn't work probably and settings are not remembered when the user =3D
exits.=3D20

Clearly the problem is with the permissions within the registry, but =3D
can't seem to find out where.  I have set "open" permissions on obvious
=3D keys but these changes don't make any difference.

Does anyone know where I should be looking in the registry, or a way =3D
that I can find out where.

Thanks for any help,

Steve
=3D20

Steve Rance
IT Manager
Daly International
t: 01635 37224
m: 07887 555849
This e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the =
=3D
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the =3D
intended recipient and you have received this e-mail in error then any =
=3D
use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is =
=3D
strictly prohibited and you should contact the sender by e-mail and then
=3D delete all material from your system.=3D20 Any views or opinions
expressed in this message are those of the =3D individual sender, except
where the sender expressly, and with =3D authority, states them to be =
the
views of Daly International.=3D20 This e-mail does not form part of a
legally binding agreement. We have =3D taken precautions to minimise the
risk of transmitting software viruses, =3D but we advise that you carry
out your own virus checks on any attachment =3D to this message. We =
cannot
accept liability for any loss or damage =3D caused by software viruses