[THIN] Problem updating registry when opening Volo View Express..

  • From: "Steve Rance" <Steve.Rance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin @ Freelists (E-mail)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:43:20 -0000

(Windows 2000 Server SP2 / Metaframe XP FR2)

When a user runs Volo View Express (2.01 - Build 811) from Citrix the =
following message flashes on the screen, "Failed to update the system =
registry.  Please try using REGEDIT" before it is opened.   The message =
doesn't appear (and the problems don't happen) if logged in with =
administrator accounts.

If the user attempted to open Volo View Express via an AutoCAD drawing, =
VVE opens but the drawing doesn't.  If they then double click on the =
drawing again (with VVE still open) it then opens.  Also printing =
doesn't work probably and settings are not remembered when the user =
exits.=20

Clearly the problem is with the permissions within the registry, but =
can't seem to find out where.  I have set "open" permissions on obvious =
keys but these changes don't make any difference.

Does anyone know where I should be looking in the registry, or a way =
that I can find out where.

Thanks for any help,

Steve
=20

Steve Rance
IT Manager
Daly International
t: 01635 37224
m: 07887 555849
This e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the =
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the =
intended recipient and you have received this e-mail in error then any =
use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is =
strictly prohibited and you should contact the sender by e-mail and then =
delete all material from your system.=20
Any views or opinions expressed in this message are those of the =
individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with =
authority, states them to be the views of Daly International.=20
This e-mail does not form part of a legally binding agreement. We have =
taken precautions to minimise the risk of transmitting software viruses, =
but we advise that you carry out your own virus checks on any attachment =
to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage =
caused by software viruses