[THIN] Printers and AAC policies

  • From: "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 16:50:34 +0100

Hi,

I have a Citrix Policy set up to Map the local default printer into the
users published desktop which I thought was working fine in that is the
user gets a local default printer mapped into their session for the
duration of the session and when they came back into the office and
logged into a thin terminal with no printers it would revert back to
their default network printer.

I'm I understanding this correctly as when the use logs back into the
published desktop they get no default printer.

The users only control mapping printers and setting there default on
their own and we do not map a printer via a policy or script.

This could be a serious issue as every time a user takes a laptop home
or connects to a published desktop and the default printer changes they
will have to set in each morning again.

Typically it is the MD that has highlighted the issue as he is one of
the first moved to the new XenApp system.

Not good when I have 3 days left till 2 weeks off..

I'm I correct in what I have described or is anyone doing this any
differently

I have tried to not map printers in using an AAC policy which doesn't
work unless I use an AD group but I think this is really unrelated to
why the default printer during an external session messes up the default
network printer when back in the office.

thanks
Ronnie

Visit our website : www.ltai.ie
45999.   Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
Reg. No. 140891.  Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
The information in this email and in any attachments is confidential and may be
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message,
delete any copies held on your systems and notify the sender by return email.
You should not read, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, disclose or use
this email or its contents in any way. Any such action is strictly prohibited.
Thank you.