[THIN] Printer Hell

  • From: "Jim Strowe" <jstrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:20:08 -0500

Well a few things: I do agree with the 3rd party printing, but that's not
always easy to buy.
So:
1. Test in the cmc for one user who autocreates a printer and see if you can
figure out what policy is interfering.  That might narrow it down.
2. You could always map the printers that are autocreating.  That way even
if the printers autocreate the mapping will force them to what you can live
with anyway.  You mentioned the ntprint.inf file, are you using an earlier
version of Metaframe?

Biggest suggestion is #1, do a search on the policies for a user or users.
I'll be that will narrow it down.  You seem to be heading in that direction
per the below.

But mapping the printers in the CMC would also remediate the hole. Who cares
if it autocreates as long as you get the driver you want. You can have 40
printers that will still all resolve to Laserjet II's if you map them right.

Oh sidebar, if anyone has gotten this far, if you know of a job in
Rochester, NY USA for a Citrix admin let me know.  We got outsourced last
week. (we is me and the phone guy) so back to the pavement we go.. (hi ho hi
ho)

        #1:     From: "Mike MacDonald" <mike5287@xxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: [THIN] Printer Hell