[THIN] Printer Drivers

  • From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:37:24 +0100

Running NT4TSE mf1.8 here and have noticed something thats aroused my
curiosity..

In systemroot\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86 i have approximately 650-750 files,
depending on the server.. is this normal?! They take up ~40mb in total, and in
the subfolder "2", i have another 100 odd files taking up about ~20mb

Are these duff old drivers, or are they put there when NT is installed?
Assuming theyre relics of ancient printers, I dont suppose anyone has a quick
way of deleting all the unneeded ones? Theres literally only 4 drivers actually
installed on these servers, so theres no WAY all these files are needed :)

I've had a go at moving them all to another folder, in the hope that the ones
actually installed wouldnt budge, thus being left behind, but windows was
content to move the lot!!

Andrew
--o--