[THIN] Re: Printer Autocreation not working after Winsock fix

  • From: "Rick Mack" <Rick.Mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 10:30:00 +1000

Hi,

If printcfg works, then recreating the listeners etc is probably a waste of
time.

One thing to note is that printer autocreation logic is kind of complicated. It
can be set at a per-machine (TS config), per-user (TS setting in user profile),
by CMC policy or can be affected by the farm autocreation mode (use upd only
etc).

In addition, if a cmstart.exe entry is missing from the
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\appsetup value, a
lot of ICA client redirection stuff just won't happen.

And then there's UPD passthrough printing if you're using PN Agent in a
passthrough scenario, but let's not make things too complicated ;-).

regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
Volante Systems