[THIN] Re: Preventing published app from opening IE

  • From: Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:03:26 +0000

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:18:50 -0500, Joey Proulx <jproulx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> configured which will lead to a phone call to me.  I'm not really worried
> about even routing this back to the client as they can write the address
> down or cut and paste, but I'd like to prevent these two links from opening
> up either program on the citrix server.  FWIW, IE and Outlook Express are
> NOT published - the only thing that is is the finance app.

Have you tried changing the HTTP and MAILTO types? Theyre in the File
Types screen, you should be able to delete the Open action, letting
windows do nothing. This is assuming that the program uses the
standard Windows call to run the links, of course! If not, you'll have
to lock down the server more..

Andrew
This Weeks Sponsor: RTO Software TScale
Services running Windows NT, 2000 or 2003.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=296