[THIN] Preventing published app from opening IE

  • From: Joey Proulx <jproulx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:18:50 -0500

Hello,

We have a finance app that is published through a Citrix Metaframe server. I just became aware of a couple fields in the vendor search module of the application, the company's URL and e-mail address. In the app, there are icons next to these addresses that open the default browser and email client. Problem is, with Citrix users, when they click on either it opens up these programs on the server. If you click on the URL, it opens up IE on the citrix server, which is horrible for security, and if you click on the e-mail, it opens up Outlook Express, which obviously isn't configured which will lead to a phone call to me. I'm not really worried about even routing this back to the client as they can write the address down or cut and paste, but I'd like to prevent these two links from opening up either program on the citrix server. FWIW, IE and Outlook Express are NOT published - the only thing that is is the finance app.

Thanks.

_____________________________
Joey Proulx
SAU #21 Technology Support Staff
2 Alumni Drive
Hampton, NH 03842
(603) 926-8992, ext 115
jproulx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This Weeks Sponsor: ThinPrint, GmbH
Now available: .print Remote Desktop Printing Engine for Microsoft Terminal Services
http://www.thinprint.com/dotprint/index.php?s=682&lc=1
********************************************************** Useful Thin Client Computing Links are available at:
http://www.thinwiki.com