From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Michael Pardee
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 4:54 PM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Presentation Server 4.5 Release Date

And that is kind of my argument Mark - what's the point?  One of the
reasons you move to x64 is to have access to more memory, but they still
force you to the Enterprise edition to really take proper advantage of
it.  The kernel has higher memory requirements for x64, right?  So we're
already behind the 8 ball with ram unless we add more memory.  In the
end it's the same as it's always been - Microsoft will always get paid.

I have close to 300 Windows2003 Standard Edition Citrix servers, so an
upgrade to support more memory could add up quickly.  I'll need to run
the numbers of doing this along with a 4GB memory upgrade to get the
systems to 8GB (with no guarantee that I will double the amount of users
on the same hardware) versus just adding more hardware and staying 32
bit for now.

From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:51:15 -0600
To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Conversation: [THIN] Re: Presentation Server 4.5 Release Date

So I wonder what the market is for 64-bit Windows 2003 Server R2
Standard Edition. Sounds like it's just wasting those 32 extra bits.