[THIN] Re: Port Scanning

  • From: "Columna, Melvin" <Melvin.Columna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:03:50 -0500

The only thing I can think of is that the issue is not the amount of traffic
being sent, but also either the port switching speed or the volume of
threads your security officer is setting up her software to spawn.

If she had her port scanner set to let's say, 200 threads and each one went
thru all 65K ports I think it still would not bum the network down.