[THIN] Re: Poll

  • From: "Pardee, Michael P." <MPardee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 08:30:18 -0400

Around 4500 total with 3300 concurrent. We average about 45-50 users per
Blade right now.  I'd like to do a little better, but we have some memory
hungry applications that prevent that right now.  Due to a recent
acquisition we made we should be adding another 7500 users to the Farm over
the next 1 1/2 years, so we'll be bringing in another rack or two of the
Blades.  It really is amazing to see the difference in physical space that
we are regaining.  3 racks of Blades will eliminate nearly 2 rows of racks.
Our Data Center facility folks were pretty nervous about the heat and power
for these things.  Now they want to know when we can convert everything over
to them.

We're very happy with our decision so far.