[THIN] Re: Pestpatrol?

  • From: "Dirk Blose" <Dirk.Blose@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:16:33 -0400

The new Mcafee v8 anti-virus software includes this functionality, and a
Centralized management tool called ePolicy Orchestrator. We already use Mcafee
for the desktops so are looking at it's new Spyware stuff. They have been
monitoring and reporting the Spyware infections for sometime and are just
integrating the removal functionality in the new client.

Dirk Blose, MCSE, CCA
Lead Technical Analyst
(919) 765-4791
dirk.blose@xxxxxxxxxx

>>> emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 09/20/04 09:09AM >>>
FYI,

I've not even tried PestPatrol desktop version even on a desktop, but I
just tried out PestPatrol Corporate Edition v5 and it was highly
disappointing.  From what I've read of the standalone desktop version,
it's a very featureful product, but man is the Corporate edition lacking
in reporting, a good way to deploy and monitor the apps, etc.  I was
really let down as I was hoping I could use it as a Corporate wide
solution.  Now onward with the search for a good product.