[THIN] Performance Alert for Termsrv.exe and publishing printer folder

  • From: Kevin Phillips <KPhillips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 14:15:03 -0400

            I'm trying to track down a way to alert an email group when a
process (like termsrv.exe) throws an access violation. It's a server farm of
24 W2K \ MF XP FR2. Any ideas? I was playing around with the Performance Log
and Alerts but I didn't see anything that I could use.

Also I am testing the possibility to publish the printer folder to our
users, so they can change the driver they are using (a lot of our replicates
end up using the UPD). Our software apps are very printer sensitive, but
company policy is to use only native W2K drivers, so we have to waste a lot
of time switching and testing drivers for our users. The only problem is
that I only want to give them access to the general and advanced tab. It
would definitely not be good if they could open the security tab. No group
policies that I could find to do this. Any one ever try this one? Thanks

Kevin Phillips
Web Services Administrator
Kphillips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx