[THIN] Re: Pano VDI Solution

  • From: Douglas Brown <dbrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 14:14:56 -0400

I don¹t know...  I think RDP will become the standard and that is why I
really want Microsoft to buy Citrix, or forced to buy Citrix.  Then maybe M$
will use ICA over RDP... But, it looks like even with net2display you still
need RDP for remote access (if I understood Rick¹s comments correctly).

I have a theory that RDP is a lot like HTTP.   HTTP is not a great transport
protocol but people added on to it to the web a rich and dynamic place, all
on top of HTTP.    From what little I know I think RDP will end up just like
it.  net2display will be an addon (so to speak), Wyse Tcx is already a
add-on (so to speak), Provision is doing some amazing stuff with enhancing
RDP...  But the base is RDP just like the web is HTTP and just like ajax
gives us a VERY rich and dynamic world over HTTP protocols like net2display
will do the same for RDP.  We will see... We will see.

But, in the mean time, it is fun to watch and learn....

On 6/7/08 3:54 PM, "Merino, Ormond" <Ormond_Merino@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Maybe they'll license ALP integrate with VDM until net2display is ready? And
> leverage the Wyse Tcx extensions as well?
>
> MS owns the platform and should be taking a leading role with developing the
> remoting protocol in my humble opinion.
>

> Regards,
> Ormond Merino

JPEG image