[THIN] Re: PS4 hotfix installer error

  • From: "BRUTON, Malcolm, FM" <Malcolm.BRUTON@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:24:41 +0100

Turn on full logging with msiexec when you install.  Look for any error in
the log file.  We found MetaFrame looking for a Transform file when
installing.  Removing the transform location form the registry fixed a very
similar issue for us trying to patch PS4.

Malcolm

PS our error was slightly different than yours...

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26
Date:  26/09/2005
Time:  09:04:35
User:  N/A
Computer: #########
Application popup: msiexec.exe - Application Error : The instruction at
"0x74734bb7" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be
"read".

Click on OK to terminate the program

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp
<http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp> .

Date:  9/26/2005
Time:  3:05:41 PM
User:  UFPIAD\SA-Citrix
Computer: GRCITRIX01
Internal MSI error. Installer terminated prematurely.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp
<http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp> .

thanks ahead of time

Jeff

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No 90312.
Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.

systems or data.  No responsibility is accepted by The Royal
Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry

                               Visit our websites at:

http://www.rbs.co.uk/CBFM

http://www.rbsmarkets.com