[THIN] PS4 and PSE400W2K3RO1 Hox Fix

  • From: "Bohmer, Andre ten" <Andre.tenBohmer@xxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 10:28:22 +0100

Hi,

This hot fix seems to be a recipe for problems after reading the list
archives. Just finished building a new farm of 8 servers, W2K3 SP1 +
recent hot fixes, PS4 Enterprise. So a total fresh install, no upgrade,
and as piece de resistance hot fix PSE400W2K3RO1. Problems with the
datastore I managed to solve with dsmaint config, but now two awkward
problems still show up. Every morning we reboot all servers to start the
day fresh, but then two things still pop up:

1) On most servers, Citrix Print Manager Service is not started although
it is set to automatic, the IMA and Citrix SMA Service start just fine.
A manual start of the Citrix Print Manager Service is required. Looking
at the event logs just after the automatic reboot:
7035 The Citrix Print Manager Service was successfully sent a stop
control.
7036 The Citrix Print Manager Service entered the stopped state.
7035 The Print Spooler service was successfully sent a stop control.
7036 The Print Spooler service entered the stopped state.
 MetaFrame Presentation Server has successfully contacted the license
server.
 The Citrix XTE Server service was successfully sent a start control.
 The Citrix XTE Server service entered the running state.
7035 The Print Spooler service was successfully sent a start control.
7036 The Print Spooler service entered the running state.

2) The first user who tries to connect, after the early morning reboot
of the complete farm, receives this message:
ERROR: The Citrix MetaFrame servers cannot process your request at this
time. The following error occurred on the Citrix MetaFrame servers while
attempting to complete the request: mfserver-overloaded
Which is totally ridiculous because nothing is happening yet on the
farm, nothing ... But after this error, everybody is able to log on.

The Citrix CPU Utilization Mgmt services are not running, but I'm using
"CPU Utilization" via the Load Evaluators. By my knowledge the Load
Evaluators do not depend on the Citrix CPU Utilization Mgmt services,
correct?

I'm new to PS4, so maybe overlooking some basic "by design" features??
Any insight on how to tackle this? Much appreciated!

TIA.
Cheers,
Andre