[THIN] Re: Outlook profile headache

  • From: Jim Hathaway <JimH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 17:44:56 -0700

Most of the user profile outlook settings are indeed stored at that key,
there is also personal settings for views in outlook stored within the user
profile, under application data\microsoft\outlook. This includes also
another file called outlook.dat, stored under the user profile at 'local
settings\application data\outlook

There is also another importprf reg key, where the setting for the PRF file
lives on terminal servers. It's way burried under the install user though .
. .

HKLM\software\ms\Winnt\cv\terminal
server\install\software\microsoft\office\10.0\outlook\setup\

When the user loose thier profile settings, are you finding that thier
profiles are corrupted as well? Or is this the only symptom?

I would look at adding back in the 'local settings' piece back into the
roaming profile. This really shouldn't be the big part of the roaming
profile anyways. There are other things that you should worry about, like
favorites, and any pst files.