[THIN] Re: Outlook Reminders

Here is the original thread from the list awhile back...

-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Bruce Jarrett-Norton
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 4:14 PM
To: 'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [THIN] MetaFrame Outlook Reminders

OK here it is from the Citrix Support Forum:

Nigel S Davison=20
on 07/22 at 09:24 AM MetaFrame  Outlook Reminder  =20
  =20

Outlook Reminder=20

OK...here goes...this one SEEMS to work and I am testing further at the
moment:

The problem is caused by a bug of Outlook 2002, which appears only under
the following conditions:

a) Use of more then one Terminal Servers
b) Use of Roaming Profiles
c) The Users don't log on to the same TS every time

Outlook 2002 checks the following Registry Key at outlook startup:=20

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Setup\First-Run

When it checks this, it checks to see if outlook has been run before on
the specific machine, by comparing this key to the=20

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Setup\First-Ru

if the values are not identical, Outlook will execute a First-run again

NOW...HERE IS THE CRUNCH...WHEN AN APP IS INSTALLED IN CHANGE USER MODE,
THE VALUE OF hklm WILL NEVER BE SAVED...THEREFORE, THESE KEYS WILL
DIFFER.=20

During this First-Run, the Reminder Table in the Mailbox will be
rebuilt. and here is the Problem. Outlook tries to get access to a table
which is not available yet. Still, the table will be rebuilt correctly.
The next time Outlook is be started, the reminders are displayed
correctly.

So if you=20

- Start Outlook
- terminate it
- And restart it within the same TS-Session, the reminders should be
displayed correctly

here is my fix....I am using a kix script and have added the following 2
lines:

$outlookset =3D
Readvalue("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Set
up"
, "First-Run")
writevalue
("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Setup"
, "First-Run" , $outlookset , "REG_BINARY")

this reads the line in HKLM and writes the same entry to HKCU.

I HAVE REMINDERS.

This is under test so please don't shout at me if it doesn't
work...but...so far...so good

Nigel

Msg: #12 in digest
From: "Brian Politis" <bpolitis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [THIN] Re: Late Reminders in OutlookXP
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 08:45:25 -0400

I have reports of it occuring in NT4 and W2K (I am running NT4).  Also
with Exchange5.5 and Exchange2000. This includes Exchange5.5 on NT4 and
W2K as well.

Bruce, any help with that registry key would be great.  That's the first
concrete information I have heard on the issue.

From: Braebaum, Neil [mailto:Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]=20
Posted At: Thursday, February 19, 2004 11:56 AM
Posted To: TheThin
Conversation: [THIN] Re: Outlook Reminders
Subject: [THIN] Re: Outlook Reminders

I'd be interested in you posting the values (I use mandatory profiles),
although I'm not aware my users have any issues with reminders, I had
spotted some HKLM and HKCU machine specifics.

Neil

only. If this has come to you in error, please=20
notify the sender immediately and delete this=20
e-mail from your system.
You must take no action based on this, nor must=20
you copy or disclose it or any part of its contents=20
to any person or organisation.
Statements and opinions contained in this email may=20
The registered office of Littlewoods Limited and its subsidiaries is 100
Old Hall Street, Liverpool, L70 1AB. Registered number of Littlewoods
Limited is 262152.

This weeks sponsor Vizioncore, Inc.=20
--> vc-iMonitor - Performance Monitoring, Control & Reporting
--> vc-iControl - Desktop & Start Menu Management & Reporting=20
--> vc-iMapper - Drive, Printer & COM Management & Reporting=20
http://vizioncore.com/products.html=20