[THIN] Re: Outlook 2002 settings.

  • From: "Jim Hathaway" <JimH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 14:23:13 -0800

Chris,=20

If you used the CIW to set an exchange server, then it should have
created a pointer to a *.prf file and dumped it in the 'install user'
portion of the registry.=20

You should be able to use some of the utilities in the CIW to edit your
existing *.prf to point to the new server.

If you're wanting to script the change of what exchange server users are
connecting too who already have their outlook profiles setup. Good luck.
I have as yet to find a method that will work with all exchange
profiles, even with 3rd party tools. The regkey location, and ID's seem
to change on a per user basis, and don't appear to be tied to their SID.

You best hope of success will be in manually changing the outlook
settings to point to the new server.=20

HTH