[THIN] Re: Opinion

  • From: "Stephen Herrera" <sherrera@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:14:22 -0800

Just catching the tail end of this but I'll pipe in for ISA. We have =
been running it here for a couple of years in a back to back setup. Our =
east coast office Runs SonicWall and working with that just makes me =
Like ISA even more.=20

It comes out of the box completely closed off from stuff going in our =
out (suprising for MS) and the application layer inspection is just =
great (especially when you read articles of Checkpoint and others moving =
towards that).=20

I like the feeling of not having to "open a port" such as 80 or 53 but =
still letting web and dns query access. Scripts can be setup to run to =
automate things like when intrusion detection goes off to block the =
offender automatically. In addition the support from the ISA server list =
is awesome just like this for Citrix. My 2 cents. =3D)

Steve