[THIN] Re: Opinion

  • From: "Robert K Coffman Jr - Info From Data Corporation" <bcoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:37:38 -0500

I've deployed several Leaf Bering firewalls.  No cost for the software, runs
on commodity hardware, and has numerous other capabilities if needed (VPN
server/client, DNS server, DHCP, NTP etc...)  Can be configured to boot from
compact flash, CDROM, floppy, or, my preference, an old hard drive that
spins down after boot (firewall runs from a ramdisk.)

http://leaf.sourceforge.net

- Bob Coffman