[THIN] OpenOffice Desktop Profile Probs Hints or suggestions welcomed

  • From: Shane Broomhall (AUS) <shanebroomhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 12:50:04 +1000

HI All I have a problem i am hoping to get some guidance for.

I am working at a clients site,

I have deployed to their Citrix Servers Open Office 1.0.1 using the
instructions for
Star Office 5.2.  I have managed to get it working through an ICA session by
copying the configuration information and sversion.ini.  I cant seem to get it
work through a normal user desktop profile, so that if the user does not have
the
program files for it, it will be automagically added to their profile.

I tried creating a default profile, configuring it, mapping the users u:\ to
where the
config files are, now it starts but complains the installation is dammaged.
this is
only a problem on 2 existing servers where Open Offfice .64 is installed, and
this
was done by some one else, it is also a production server so I cant play with
it too
much.

Any hints or suggestions on how to do it, or where to go looking would be
appreciated.  No one at the company I am contracting for has much of an idea as
they are a Microsoft shop only.

Cheers

Shane Broomhall

Citrix Instructor of the Year 2001, APAC

CCEA, CCA, CCI, CCSP
LCI, LCP, Linux +, LPIC 1
MCSA, MCDBA, MCSE + I, MCSE (2K), MCT
CNE, PCLP, SCSA, CTT+
Registered Linux User #276365

Citrix Trainer & Consultant
Shane Broomhall Consulting Pty Ltd
Mobile:         0403 952 905
International (mobile/Cell) 61 403 952 905

MSN Messenger :  opsidianorder@xxxxxxxxxxx
Yahoo Messenger                  opsidianorder
Email :             shanebroomhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx