[THIN] Re: Office XP slow

  • From: "Monahan, Thomas" <Thomas.Monahan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 19:48:50 +0100

Am, some extra points to consider:

In Outlook XP make sure you disable "Instant Messaging, and make sure the
issue isn't with the backend Exchange servers.

Make sures your NIC is set to the speed of the switch and not autodetect.

Try playing around with having your Appdata local to the server and see if
there is any difference.

Do you notice any dramatic difference in performance between say a published
Wordpad and a Published Word XP?

Thomas

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only
for the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain
privileged and confidential information. If you have
received this message in error or there are any problems,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the message
from your computer. The unauthorised use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is forbidden. Neither
United Utilities PLC nor any of its subsidiaries will be
liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential
damage as a result of any virus being passed on, or arising
from alteration of the contents of this message by a third
party.

United Utilities PLC (England and Wales No.2366616)
registered office: Dawson House, Great Sankey,
Warrington, WA5 3LW.