[THIN] Re: Office 2007

  • From: "Andrew Wood" <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 13:28:38 -0000

but to be fair - the *beta* has been out for 6 months. Whats the point in
dedicating development resource to create a patch environment for a beta
product? Surely much better from a developer resource PoV to wait until the
product you are going to support is at RTM - at least the code based is
going to be locked down. And I doubt there'd be a massive shift by a
majority of their users to Office 2007 in the next 6 months.

And I expect there'd be 4.5/4.0 & 3.0 version - maybe even XP-FR3 which has
a scheduled EOL end of June '07

  _____